When a modern vehicle comes in your shop with an air-conditioning system issue, it can be difficult to know where to start. The computer might be evaluating more than 20 inputs to determine compressor pumping displacement and cooling fan operation. With so much added technology, diagnostic difficulty can increase rapidly. This class will help clear the clutter and determine which area of the system you need to focus on. The class and workbook contain numerous diagnostic and service tips you can use right away.
After attending this class, you will:
• Know the essential steps for come-back free compressor replacement.
• Understand the importance of checking condenser air-flow in air-conditioning diagnostics.
• Know the necessary procedures and equipment you need to service R-1234yf systems.
• Understand the function and importance of Active Grille Shutters in air-conditioning performance.
• Understand the latest innovations in air-conditioning technology including, electronically controlled variable displacement compressors, compressor oil retention, idle stop evaporators, internal heat exchangers and more.